With the modernization of the lighting system, the stadium had two main objectives. First, the stadium had to become complaint with the broadcasting standards set by international sport federations to become eligible to host world-class tournaments. And second, supporting the revitalization plan of its home city, it wanted to become a landmark and more of a central place attracting both citizens and visitors in city of Yekaterinburg.
Considering the need for fully broadcast compliant, flicker free lighting, MT Electro initiated the installation of Philips ArenaVision LED floodlights across the pitch. Next to being fully complaint with international and national standards, and therefore ready to facilitate high quality slow-motion broadcasting, the lighting also enables a better spectator experience for fans watching the show from the stand.
To help the stadium achieve its second objective, to become a new landmark in the city, the lighting team of MT Electro also began with the installation of color-changing architectural lighting on the stadium façade. To increase the attractiveness and the impact of the façade further, the management decided to invest in the installation of media screens, providing the Ekaterinburg Arena with a platform which can be used for advertisement purposes or just to facilitate a higher level of interaction with its visitors.
As the results show, the stadium, with the support of MT Electro did manage to achieve both of its original objectives. It is now officially among the stadiums, ready to host world class tournaments and is also the new pride of the city.
Design objectives of this project
1. The stadium had to become complaint with the broadcasting standards set by international sport federations (such as UEFA) to become eligible to host world-class tournaments.
2. The other intention of the design was to help the stadium turn into a landmark and become more of a central place attracting both citizens and visitors in city of Yekaterinburg.
- Greater level of flexibility in terms of lighting management and change of light settings
- Attractive media-facade enabling the stadium to greater revenue through advertisements
- Improved safety and visibility both on the pitch and in the spectator area
- 50% reduction in terms of power consumption thanks to the adoption to energy efficient LED technology