The standardized ways of working adopted by Philips Lighting are derived from industry best practices and based on seven principles .They are defined in the Philips Lighting Supplier Quality Manual.
It is mandatory for suppliers to adhere to the ways of working defined in the Philips Lighting Supplier Quality Manual. The Supplier Quality Manual defines Seven Principles that govern our relationship with suppliers with regard to quality:
- We select our suppliers on the basis of their competences and competitiveness during qualification audits. Quality systems must be in place from the beginning of our relationship.
- We involve our suppliers at an early stage in our development processes, making optimum use of the competencies and innovative capability on both sides.
- We clearly define our product specifications and quality standards and measure our suppliers’ compliance with these requirements.
- Products and components are released and changes are controlled using industry best practices.
- We regularly evaluate supply base performance in order to drive further improvement.
- We work closely together with our suppliers to prevent quality-related incidents and use state-of-the-art methods and procedures to do so.
- Where necessary, we support our suppliers in the application of standards and encourage and support the use of quality tools to improve the performance of their processes.
- We involve our suppliers in Philips Sustainability Programs, for example relating to Hazard Substance Compliancy and Conflict Minerals.